Why a Sync Bridge?
As clients strive for more agility and a streamlined Dev OPS environment, having seamless, automated information exchanges between key systems in their ALM ecosystem becomes increasingly imperative.
Modern Requirements recognizes this need and has partnered with two leading Sync Bridge providers to sell and support their solutions.
Synchronization of information between the Modern Requirements4TFS ’ database and dozens of industry-leading ALM ecosystem applications are available out of the box, and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each client.
What is a Sync Bridge?
A Sync Bridge is a software application that connects TFS and other applications in your ALM ecosystem. A Synch Bridge can set up as unidirectional or bidirectional, and operates in the background, synchronizing desired information at user-defined times. Support for defects, requirements, work items, test cases, test plans, test results, tasks, suggestions, features, use cases, user stories and many more custom entities can be established in the mapping file. Relationships/ links between entities are maintained during synchronization, while “Change history” is preserved. No additional requirements for TFS are needed to support this type of integration.
Data Migration from your “to be retired” ALM tool to TFS/VSTS is also possible on a project basis.
The Sync Bridge supports unidirectional and bidirectional synchronization between integrated ALM systems:
- Unidirectional enables data to flow in one direction, such as in a master/slave model. In this model, you want one system to be the master and distribute information to other systems for read-only consumption.
- Bidirectional synchronization enables changes to be made in any of the integrated systems. It’s ideal for allowing functional groups to use the ALM system that best meets their individual needs.
The Sync Bridge has deployment options to fit the needs of your business:
- On-Premise: The Sync Bridge can be installed as an on-premise solution to become a fully integrated component in your infrastructure.
- Cloud: The Sync Bridge can be installed in a cloud environment, in Microsoft Azure.
Web based administration
Administrators will be able to manage their environment via the web-based administration tool. The web-based administration tool enables administrators to:
- Define entity synchronization between ALM systems
- Define business rules
- Define workflow management
- Perform failure management
The Sync Bridge ensures that a complete history of your ALM activities is maintained as the entities flow between your integrated ALM systems. This ensures that you always have a complete picture and are compliant with applicable regulations.
History is maintained even when one of your individual systems becomes unavailable. Once the system is operational again, all transactions that occurred during that time will be reflected in the operating system.
For product details click below, and be directed to our partner sites