The Smart Docs Module
The full replacement for Microsoft Word when managing requirements
What is Smart Docs?
- Business Requirements Documents
- System Requirements Documents
- Functional / Non-functional Requirements Documents
What value does Smart Docs offer?
- Documents (and their versions) created in Smart Docs are saved within your Azure DevOps
- Removes the need for all third-party applications and document repositories.
- Documents are updates automatically as requirements change anywhere in Azure DevOps.
- Documents can be versioned, compared, output, and reviewed, directly from with Azure DevOps.
What are the Use Cases for Smart Docs?
- One person is responsible for the entire review.
- There can be multiple Stakeholders.
- The person responsible for the review must consolidate the changes each Stakeholder would
- like made to the document.
How do I use Smart Docs?
Before your team jumps head-first into Smart Docs, you will want to create a Meta Template. Meta Templates offer you the ability to construct a structure to your document. You can choose where team members can place context elements (Sections), and where they can add specific requirements in your document. This is a one-time operation and can be used with multiple documents built on the same structure.
- You can publish requirements into your Azure DevOps project simply by building onto your document. This allows you to add to your project from a document-driven workflow.
- You can insert requirements that are already in your project into any document.